Will the Health Care Reform really help?
The following list of 10 more lies came from a blogger on The Right wing news… http://rightwingnews.com/2009/09/10-more-you-lie-moments-on-health-care/
I have never had a favorite blogger to read, but as of today I found one of my favorite. This young man gave the 10 More facts about the health care reform and parts were even shocking to me.
1) The President is working with Republicans: Obama has refused to meet with Republican leaders on health care since April.
2) Republicans haven’t suggested a plan for health care: Republicans have actually submitted 35 plans.
3) The public option won’t put the insurance industry out of business and lead to a government takeover of health care: Of course, it will. That’s the whole purpose of putting it in the bill. Don’t take my word for it: listen to Barney Frank explain it in his own words.
4) Medicare won’t be cut to fund this health care bill: Actually, there are $500 billion in cuts to Medicare planned to help pay for this bill.
5) The health care plan won’t add “one dime to our deficits either now or in the future.” There is simply no bill that fits that description winding its way through Congress. According to the neutral Congressional Budget Office, the House bill adds $220 billion to the deficit over 10 years — and even those numbers rely on very unlikely streams of revenue coming into the program. Moreover, the CBO only estimates numbers 10 years out. Over the long haul, all evidence points to costs skyrocketing into the stratosphere just as Social Security and Medicare have over time.
6) Preventative care will be required in these bills and it’ll save money: Studies show that preventative care increases, not decreases costs. That’s not only because of the cost of the tests, but because it leads to large numbers of people being treated for potential problems that would never end up coming to fruition.
7) Health care reform will help create more jobs: That’s simply not true. According to the Natural Federation of Independent Businesses, this health care bill would wipe out 1.6 million jobs.
8) Abortion won’t be covered under the bill: Unless the bill specifically says abortion isn’t covered, it’s covered by default. Abortion is not mentioned in the House bill and thus, is covered.
9) This bill won’t lead to rationing of health care and people being denied life saving operations: Of course, it will. Barack Obama himself has even alluded to it with his famous, “Maybe you’re better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller” quip. In nations like Canada and Britain, long waits for surgeries and people being denied proven life saving operations for financial reasons is commonplace. How can anyone believe that we’re going to copy their system and not have the same result?
10) Obama’s “Plan” doesn’t have these problems you’re talking about: Obama hasn’t submitted any sort of plan to Congress. In other words, there is no special Obama plan. His only “plan” is to sign anything that Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi can push through Congress.
At the end of the day, there’s only one question you need to ask yourself to decide whether you should support health care reform: Do you trust Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barack Obama and the army of bureaucrats in DC enough to allow them to make life-
If these are all truealtering medical decisions for you and your children? If not, then it’s time to stand up, speak out, and take action before this bill is passed and irrevocably changes our country.
If these are all true then please tell me how deleting 1.6 million jobs is going to help our economy. Yes, I highly agree that our health care needs help but this is not the way to go. Also, if 1.6 jobs isnt enough to make one question the reform just look at number 5, and this isnt even to mention all the new taxes that will occur. I know Obama is trying to force this item to pass, but i believe it will just cause a world of drama and more problems.